To ease down the passport application procedure and the hassle students needed to through, a new ‘Passport Seva Kendra’ has been set up in IIT Kharagpur at the Technology Mukhya Dakghar. The procedure to get your passport made is as follows:
- Get an appointment in the PSK office through online application(Link for the online application: https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/user/RegistrationBaseAction
- Applicants have to pay the passport fee through online payment system. Appointment will be scheduled at least after 4–5 days of online form filling.
- Applicants are then required to report at PSK for photograph submission, bio-metrics with the enlisted documents.
- After document submission, a police verification will follow within 15–20 days.
Following are the documents which are to be submitted at the PSK (for students)-
- Warden’s NOC.
- Aadhar card/voter ID/PAN card.
- Any academic record(school/college leaving certificate)
- Passport sized photographs
For any other queries, you can visit the official website — https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/welComeMessage